MLK Day of Service 2015
THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEERS WHO SERVED
Click to see the MLK Day of Service 2015 Report
The Montgomery County Volunteer Center will like to thank the thousands of Volunteers who served all across Montgomery County in honor of the Dr Martin Luther King Jr Day of Service. Over 3000 volunteers served at various locations including the Bethesda North Marriott Conference Center, Silver Spring Civic Center, Seneca Creek Community Church, and the International Cultural Center. We had over 60 organizations to provide service projects for volunteers to support them in. These are just a few projects completed:
JANUARY 19, 1015
Bethesda North Marriott Conference Center - From 1- 3 pm
- Joined Trader Joes and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc in packing Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich lunches for the homeless
- Constructed blankets and scarves for Montgomery Hospice
- Packed "Snow Day Boxes" with Meals on Wheels
- Make toys and cards for children at the NIH Children's Inn
- Crochet blanket square for Warm Up America
- Pack Personal Care kits for the homeless
- Write letters and cards and make paracord bracelets for Veterans and active Military members
- Link to Handout with List of All Projects and Volunteer Fair Agencies
Seneca Creek Community Church - From 9 - 11 am
- Assemble move in kits for men transitioning out of homelessness
- Make cards for troops and seniors
- Participate in a blood drive
- Make dog toys for animal shelters
- Knit hats for the homeless
- and more!
Silver Spring Civic Center - From 10 - 12 pm
- Write letter to our troops
- Make pillows for seniors
- Assemble care kits for domestic violence victims
- Color Diaper Tip Sheets for DC Diaper Bank
- and more!
JANUARY 19, 2015
The International Cultural Center - From 3 - 5 pm
- Make sandwiches and pack healthy snacks for homeless
- Join Women Who Care Ministries and Nourish Now in packing food
- Create inspirational flags and cards
- Pack toiletry for homeless
- and more!
Stay tuned for pictures and reports from projects. Send us your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Sponsors and Partners!
This day of service would not be possible without the generous sponsors who invest in the impact of community events and volunteerism! Thank you to the Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism, Fund for Montgomery, Marriott International, Verizon, Gentle Giant Moving Company, Photographer Gloria Estrada, and all the volunteers who make the day possible! And a huge thank you to our partners Montgomery County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority; Seneca Creek Community Church and International Cultural Center!!
Videos from 2014!
A 2014 Video from Montgomery Community Media!
A Great Video from Fund for Montgomery and Chair Keith Haller!
Please send all questions and MLK Day of Service inquiries to email@example.com or call 240-777-2600.