- Tax Advisory
- Environmental Work
- Mobilize other volunteers
- Victim Assistance
- And much more...
RSVP partner organizations in Montgomery County
Join A National Network of Senior Volunteers
Use your life experiences and join a network of volunteers age 55+ who are helping in our community.
When you join this free program you get assistance finding the ideal volunteer opportunity; complimentary automobile, liability, and injury insurance while volunteering; a quarterly RSVP e-newsletter; and volunteer recognition.
- You join the local RSVP network, which is part of Senior Corps’ nation-wide network of volunteers
- Pre-screened organizational partners notify the Volunteer Center of opportunities for volunteering
- You discuss your skills, interests, and availability with an RSVP advisor from the Volunteer Center
- Your RSVP advisor suggests relevant volunteer opportunities
- You choose the opportunity that you wish to pursue and work directly with the organization to tailor it to your mutual satisfaction
Check out this episode of "Did You Know?" on county cable highlighting the work of our RSVP volunteers!
- Take a look at the RSVP partner organizations around Montgomery County. There’s sure to be an opportunity that fits your skills and interests. If you find something that interests you complete the RSVP application. If you don't see something that fits your interests, contact us for other options at email@example.com or (240) 777-2610.
More Information About Volunteering for People 55+
- If you can't find the perfect opportunity through the organizational partners in RSVP, the Volunteer Center has other ways to find a great volunteer position:
- Consider applying for our Pro Bono Consultants Program
- Help during tax season with our Tax-Aide Program
- Into health and fitness? Check out our Bone Builders Program
- Check out the Volunteer Center’s searchable online Database of all open volunteer opportunities
- Read past issues of our RSVP Newsletters for more great ideas about senior volunteerism
- Neal Potter Path of Achievement Awards
- Montgomery County Government’s Senior Site
““I like the variety of RSVP. I volunteer at Brookside Gardens, Interages, and with the SWAT Team.”
In May 2012 RSVP volunteers Leslie Roberts and Bill Jones were invited to meet with CNCS's new CEO, Wendy Spencer, and address the CNCS Board about their volunteer commitments with the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program. Leslie also spoke about her volunteer work with the RSVP/AARP Tax-Aide Program.
Click here to see pictures of RSVP volunteers at a CNCS Board Meeting.
Check out this great article in the Senior Gazette about senior volunteering!